Mission Team’s Purpose Statement: Inspire and engage the EUMC family to serve in outreach (local, domestic, and international) by identifying, supporting, and facilitating opportunities to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
Angel Tree: Christmas gifts for children of parents in Hamilton County jail.
Christmas in Action: Area volunteers who unite to provide hope by doing neighborhood projects.
Come to Me Food Pantry: Provides food and spiritual support to families in Hamilton County, based at Fishers UMC.
Emmanuel Benevolent Ministries: Church fellowship needs and support community family needs such as utilities and Christmas
EUMC Christian Preschool: Provides Bibles to all graduating preschool students to help them grow in their Christian faith.
Freedom International: A bilingual Christian school in the Dominican Republic sharing the Word of God with children and their families.
Good Samaritan of Hamilton County: Provides food, clothing, and household items to Hamilton County residents.
Hamilton County Chaplain: Serves in the Hamilton County Jail ministering to inmates.
Helping Hands: Provides assistance with needed home repairs.
Prison Ministries: Worship services and spiritual support for inmates in Hamilton County Jail.
Serve Noblesville: Churches, businesses, and organizations partnering to help the underresourced in the community.
Henderson Settlement-(Frakes, KY) Henderson Settlement provides child care; educational and developmental programs; agricultural and economic development; basic needs and housing assistance; and recreation in an isolated, impoverished Appalachian community.
Red Bird Mission-(Beverly, KY) This is another multi-ministry mission in lower socio-economic areas of the Appalachian mountains.
‘Give Kids the World’ Pillowcase Ministry (Kissimmee, FL) This is a village for children with terminal illnesses and their families where they can have their dreams come true for a free six day trip to sites around central Florida. Many people from Emmanuel work one Saturday a month or from home at the church making these colorful pillowcases.
Missionaries in the USA
- Dave and Shelley Smyth (Indianapolis) serve through CRU and have been leading several training sessions assisting others in learning how to prepare devotionals and lead teams spiritually, as well as reaching out to various campuses across the nation.
- Shane and Kim Jones (Utah) serve through Tri-Grace Ministries . They have also started overseeing the college ministry of Tri-Grace as well as managing the Solid Rock Cafe and advising the Solid Rock Christian Club. They are so excited to see how witnessing to the Mormon community is helping “Reach, Teach, Mend, and Send.”
- Jim and Mary Newman serve with World Gospel Missions through MMS aviations where they prepare aircraft for the missions field.
- Kurt and Cynthia Zimmerman (Texas/ Mexico Border) serve through World Gospel Mission.
Kay and Lamar Ziegler
A small shoebox can have a big impact. What goes into the box is fun, but what comes out of it is eternal. Be a part of changing children’s lives all over the world in Jesus’ Name through the power of a simple gift with Operation Christmas Child. Each year, the Emmanuel congregation collects items for these shoeboxes that we pack together as a church. We also give families the opportunity to pack their own box, becoming a great Each One Reach One activity; it’ll impact the life of one child.
Missionaries in Asia
- Jonathan and Amanda Degler (Thailand) are serving with HighRise Ministries in Bangkok.
Missionaries in Africa
- Ken Vance (Congo) are serving through the United Methodist Church
- Lowell and Claudia Wertz (Tanzania) are serving and working on the Beck House, building towers and continue to keep the ministry of Joy in the Harvest thriving.
- Abby Snow is working with East Mountain in South Africa that partners with churches to develop leaders for global missional service through one-on-one mentoring, training workshops, theological cohorts, and partnerships with surrounding ministries.
Missionaries in Central America
- Josh and Toni Simos (Dominican Republic) are serving with Freedom International
Missionaries in South America
- David and Conce Roof (Brazil) are serving through One Mission Society. They have recently been working on the Icoaraci church, building walls for the church and also building discipleship for this church. They continue outreach along the Amazon river.
Missionaries in Europe
- Erika and Darren Sharp (Ireland) is serving with Campus Crusade International.
- Daniel Buck (Hungary) is serving with One Mission Society partnering with churches to promote discipleship.
- Jonathan and Corinne Long (Hungary) lead a team with OMS working with Hungarian churches and English camps for kids.